Monday, December 8, 2014

Progress!

Wow- we have made some progress! Now if I am being honest, we went several weeks, just waiting. Waiting for the weather to change, waiting for the excavator, waiting for everything! I do not like waiting.. It was rough! But just when I had enough of the waiting- things started happening. The foundation was excavated and the foundation was poured. The walls on the addition are going up. Our chimney was  completely fixed, raised and mortared (usable in 30 days) Woot Woot! The old septic system was dug and the new one is going in. Last but not least our pond has risen to full capacity. This all happened in 2 very short weeks! I have written more checks in the last few months, than I have my entire life! While I am at it, we had the tooth fairy and the Elf on the shelf arrive within days of each other. But when I am stressed and feeling completely frustrated, I look at my family and sigh with relief that this is temporary. We made these choices, ON PURPOSE! I have to remember why we are doing this and how blessed we are to be able to! That's what gets me through. Here are the updates!
Foundation

Materials

Making room for New window
New Equipment!

Because stacked wood is a balance beam!

Youngest little lost her top tooth!

Addition

Mud fest!

Old Septic- that water is 5 1/2 feet deep! Yuck!

Digging new one

Pond- rose 1 1/2 feet overnight!


Full Addition- 2 windows, one slider and a set of transom windows in family room!

Demo- of front to add front porch!

We are moving along! More updates at the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment